Sri M.Ct. Muthiah and Sri M.Ct. Pethachi started these schools in 1956 in fond memory of their late father Sri M.Ct.M.Chidambaram Chettyar, in their native village of Kanadukathan, situated in Siva Ganga District, Tamilnadu.
The school was started as an Elementary school with only 113 boys and 83 girls. It was recognised as a Middle school and subsequently upgraded as a High school in 1973. The School is run by the M.Ct.M. Educational Trust and provides free education to the students in Tamil Medium. The school also offers English medium of instruction in the middle and higher secondary school.
At present the school has a strength of 240 students in Elementary school and 1054 students in High School. The children are mostly first generation learners and hail from economically weaker sections of the society from Kanadukathan and neighbouring villages such as Nangampatti, Nemathampatti, Tirumayam, Kothamangalam, etc. The school is aided by the Government of Tamilnadu.
The school has a complete infrastructure of classrooms, laboratories and sports field. The school offers Cricket, Volleyball, Shuttle Cock, Basketball and Football to the students. The new, Smt. Ct. Valliammai Achi high school building was constructed in 2004 and houses classes 6 to 10 and the Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories, Craft room and R.O.Water plant room. The school has achieved the ISO 9001:2008.
The School is distinguished for its academic performance at the Board Examinations for consistently achieving 95% to 100% results, over the past several years.